Table of Contents
When some people picture the ideal grill, they see this massive stainless steel fixture on a huge deck ready to cook for the biggest of cookouts. And while some people have the money, space, and social connections to have huge grilling parties, most people live in a more modest world. They may enjoy cooking for their family or friends on a small patio or balcony. While owning a huge grill may be nice, it just isn’t practical for some.
The good news is those desiring a smaller grill do not have to sacrifice the quality. The Weber brand is widely known for high-quality, long-lasting grilling products. From charcoal grills to propane options, owning a Weber grill means having a well-made product for all your outdoor cooking needs.
For those with limited space, the Weber Genesis II E-210 provides a practical grilling solution. This two-burner gas grill offers impressive cooking power while making it compact enough to fit your small yard or balcony. If you desire an intimate meal with that special someone or a cookout with your family, this grill won’t disappoint.
- Weber’s innovative grilling system (known as GS4 High Performance) makes your grilling easy, intuitive, and full of flavor.
- Grease is led out of the grill protecting the body and preventing unnecessary flare-ups and grease fires.
- The ability to add on the IGrill 3 system allowing to make your grilling even easier.
- Bottom shelf, open cart design, and utensil hooks allows for accessible storage.
What to Consider
- Preheating to higher temperatures may take extra time.
- Assembly may be difficult for some.
- While the grease management system is a great way to protect your grill, the exposed grease pan may be hazardous to curious children or pets.
What Makes the Weber Genesis II E-210 Stand Out
The Grilling System Design: The makers of Weber Grills work tirelessly to provide a grill that stands apart from others. The GS4 Performance System has three integrated features making the grilling experience easier and more flavorful. They include:
- Infinity Ignitor. Some grills have ignition buttons that work for a season or two, but fail shortly after. Then you are left turning on the propane and throwing a lit match in the grill hoping it lights. Weber designed an ignitor with a 10 year warranty. This mean a full decade of assurance your grill will light right away every time.
- High Performance Burners. The Weber Genesis II E-210 has two high quality burners (putting out a maximum 26,000 BTUs) stretching across the entire grill. This ensures even, efficient heat throughout the grill.
- Flavorizer Bars. Another unique feature of Weber grills is the porcelain-enameled flavorizer bars. These bars are fitted above the burner allowing heat to radiate while preventing flare-ups that could ruin your favorite cuts of meat. In addition, the drippings, sauces, and marinades that fall from the meat vaporize on these bars. The vapors then rise back up to the meat giving that amazing grilled flavor.
Grease Management: While many gas grills have a way to collect grease, most of them have it collecting somewhere on the inside of the grill. If the grease trays are not checked often, you run the risk of messy spills and even a grease fire. The Weber Genesis II makes checking and removing grease collection easy by having it outside the grill. Just be careful your hungry pet isn’t sniffing around your grill.
Room for Storage: If you are considering the Weber Genesis II E-210 grill, it is probably because you have limited space. The open-cart design, extra shelf under the grill, and six hooks for your favorite utensils give you storage solutions to make the best of your space. In addition, the side tables give you easy reach to your favorite marinades, rubs, or spices.
Decent cooking space: The Weber Genesis II E-210 has 380 square inches of primary cooking space. In addition a warming rack adds another 114 square inches. If you don’t need the warming rack, it folds away easily so it is not in your way.
A grill embracing technology: As with most newer Weber grills, an additional add-on includes the IGrill 3 technology. This allows you to connect your grill with your smartphone so you always know the status of your propane and grill temperature. Immersed in a heated game of horseshoes or bean bags? Don’t worry about running to your grill…just check your smartphone. Of course, if you choose to remain “old school”, there is a perfectly functional thermometer built on the grill lid.
Greatness is in the Details
As we all know, Weber is synonymous with great grill design. Anyone owning a Weber grill will happily confirm this. As you probably expect, the Weber Genesis II E-210 boasts the same high-quality design as other Weber grills. The body is crafted with stainless steel while the lid is porcelain-enameled allowing for excellent heat retention. In addition, the high-quality cooking grates are made with porcelain enameled cast iron helping food cook evenly, produce those signature grill marks, and making clean up easy.
Putting it Together
As with most grills, assembly is required. For the mechanically inclined, this may not be much of an issue. For the uninitiated, you might want to have some time set aside – or enlist the help of one of your mechanically inclined friends. Depending on where you purchase the grill, they may provide assembly services for an extra cost. If you choose the natural gas version of the Genesis II E-210, you want to ensure you have a natural gas line already set up where you plan to have the grill. If not, adding one may be expensive.
Once the grill is assembled, grilling is easy. The previously mentioned ignition system easily fires up the grill. The grill is large enough where you could cook your steaks or burgers directly or chicken and tender fish indirectly. The flavorizer bars give your food the amazing grilled taste while making sure flare-ups don’t make nasty burn marks.
After filling up on an epic grilled meal, who wants to spend extra time and effort cleaning the grill? Sure, it is necessary to preserve the life of the grill, but a full belly (and maybe a couple adult beverages) has you feeling lazy. The grease management system allows for easy cleanup of extra drippings. The high quality cooking grates also are easily maintained.
Weber Genesis II E-210 Videos
The Bottom Line
When purchasing a Weber grill, you know you are getting quality. The Weber Genesis II E-210 is no exception. This grill is designed for those with limited space, but doesn’t skimp on the features. Sure, you are going to pay more for this grill, but with the 10-year limited warranty, you are investing in a decade of amazing grilled meals.