Table of Contents
When one thinks of a standard charcoal grill, the Weber kettle charcoal grill is probably the image that comes to mind. After all, Weber invented and practically perfected how we grill with charcoal. Though the classic grill design was created over 60 years ago, many people still buy a similar version today. That is, until now. Weber has stepped up their game and created a charcoal grill perfect for this century and the foreseeable future. The Weber Performer Deluxe is like the classic grill on steroids. Loaded with features, it ushers in a new generation of charcoal grillers.
Introducing the Weber Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill
The Weber Performer Deluxe comes packed with features that would make any charcoal grilling enthusiast’s mouth drop (or water). The large kettle grill has a large table for prep work, propane charcoal lighter, digital timer, and Weber’s unique Gourmet BBQ System grates.
Lighter fluid mine as well be a thing of the past thanks to the propane ignition system. A disposable propane container fuels a burner inside the grill. When you are ready to grill, add charcoal, activate the propane, and press the ignite button. Within ten minutes you are ready to cook!
And That’s Not All
Weber’s Gourmet BBQ System grates are heavy gauge, hinged plated steel offering 363 square inches of total cooking space. The BBQ system offers extra add-ons like a pizza stone, wok, and griddle to make your grill ready to cook just about anything.
Three tool hooks, a tuck away lid holder, and a removable, high capacity, aluminum ash catcher are just a couple of the many features for the Weber Performer Deluxe.
Is it durable? With a Weber do you really need to ask? Of course it is. The bowl and lid are crafted with quality enameled porcelain including a 10 year no rust/burn through warranty. In addition, the one-touch cleaning system and plastic components have a five-year warranty, and the remaining parts have a two year warranty.
In the difficult search to find a drawback to this grill, it would have to be the backlit timer. It is simply a 99-minute countdown timer. Those “low and slow” grilling enthusiasts know 99 minutes won’t cut it for certain types of meats. Of course, you could just reach into your pocket and set a timer on your smartphone.
Weber Performer Deluxe Features
This is truly a fully-loaded, high-quality grill. Some features include:
- Total cooking space 363 sq. inches
- The versatile Weber Gourmet BBQ heavy duty cooking grates
- Easy push-button electronic ignition lights propane burners to get the charcoal started
- High-quality porcelain powder-coated steel construction great for retaining heat
- Two swivel locking casters and two all-weather wheels for easy transport and lockdown
- Always know your grilling temperature with built-in lid thermometer
- Lid handle with heat shield so you aren’t grilling your knuckles
- Easy clean-up with the aluminized steel one-touch cleaning system
- Three tool hooks to store your favorite grilling utensils
- A painted metal work table for all you prep work
- A tuck away lid holder to make checking your food easier than ever.
If you love cooking with charcoal and desire a grill that will put the others to shame, the Weber Performer Deluxe grill is a great purchase.