Table of Contents
The Weber brand has consistently delivered quality grills and grilling products for decades. These USA made grills are crafted with quality materials and made to withstand the rigors of many grilling seasons. For the Q-series, Weber seeks to design the best portable gas grill loaded with options. The Weber Q1200 is one of the smaller portable gas grills in the series, but this doesn’t mean it can’t live up to your on-the-road cooking expectations.
The Weber Q1200 packs up small so it won’t take up a lot of room. The grill has 189 square inches of cooking space making it a big little grill to cook a meal for your family or close friends. The sleek design and optional colors make the grill stand out during any occasion.
What’s Great About the Weber Q1200
- Solid, durable construction
- A high quality stainless steel burner with an infinite burner control valve
- Quality materials hold heat in and help cook food evenly.
What May Steer You Away
- For a portable gas grill, it is relatively expensive
- At 31 pounds, some may not think it is as portable.
The drawbacks may be enough to have you looking for another grill. But, like most things in life, you get what you pay for. The heavy weight and higher cost is for a quality Weber product built to last.
Features of the Weber Q1200
- High quality porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates
- Help cook your food evenly with a tubular stainless steel burner firing at 8,500 BTUs
- Easy lighting with an electric ignition
- Runs on disposable liquid propane cylinders (sold separately)
- A spacious 189 square inches of cooking space
- Infinite burner control valve to ensure you cook at exactly the temperature you want
- Hood mounted thermometer to monitor the temperature
- Folding side tables giving you more work space
- Rust resistant cast aluminum lid and body
- Removable grease catch pan for easy clean up
- Limited five year warranty on the lid, cookbox, plastic components, and cooking grates. A two year warranty on the remaining parts.
Weber Q1200 Videos
The Bottom Line
Weber spent five years developing the Q series with the goal to create a truly versatile gas grill for all your traveling needs. The Weber Q1200 is one of the smaller grills of the series, but it still has reasonable cooking space and power. The cast aluminum body is durable and great for holding in heat. That being said, at 31 pounds, it isn’t exactly the lightest grill to lug around on your camping trips or while walking long distances.
At about $200 this grill is a little costly, but Weber’s warranty assures this is an investment in your future on-location cookouts for years to come. The variety of colors available also allows you to personalize your Weber grill and stand out from the crowd.